Global Warming

Riley Foster, Journalist

The rate of global warming has increased greatly in the last 50 years. If we continue what we are doing now, the temperature will increase as much as ten degrees in the next 100 years. The reason global warming occurs in because the CO2, air pollutants, and the greenhouse gasses all converge together and absorb sun and solar radiation and then become caughts in the atmosphere which slowing warms the earth. Fossil fuels also cause this heating. The United States burn these to create electricity. The biggest offender of this is the coal burning facilities. Thankfully, the CO2 production did decrees throughout 2005 and 2014.

Somethings that now happen due to the earth warming are more extreme heat waves, droughts occur more often, the rainfall is greater, hurricanes are stronger, and the ocean is warming. These natural occurrences, becoming more extreme, is the cause of many deaths around the world. Some other things that are happening are the glaciers are melting, the sea level is increasing, the coral reefs are being affected, and there are more disease eruptions.

A few ways the students of CdM can help with this major issue is by trying to use more conservative energy, carpooling whenever possible, and trying to spread awareness about this cause. Let us try to give back to the earth!