Cucina Enoteca

Andrea Cherbavaz, Journalist

Cucina enoteca is a really good Italian restaurant situated in fashion island, Newport Beach.  This place is known by a lot of people but what is less known is the delicious food they serve to their customers. The diners generally tend to take basic dishes such as pizzas or pasta, but what would you say if I tell you that the most tasty dishes are the less common ones?

First when you enter in this big restaurant you find yourself in an amazing room filled with lights and elegantly decorated. When you are in the reception area and you look at the ceiling you can observe a bunch of old dance shoes hanging in the air. In the main room you find yourself in front of a interesting space filled with wooden lamps and colorful tables. Despite being  a very popular place among the locals, which can make it quite noisy, the restaurant’s ambiance will nevertheless cheer you up.

Let’s talk about the dishes now. They have delicious food that you must try such as the burrata,  a creamy cheese, accompanied by juicy tomatoes and fresh beets with a tasty vinaigrette. As a main dish I recommend the pizza with bacon, dates and ricotta. This pizza has a taste that no pizza has ever had before. Once in one’s mouth you will remember its taste for the rest of your life.  The other main dish that I would recommend is the beignet de fleur de courge,which is a stuffed zucchini. In France we usually stuff it with meat but in that case they put creamy cheese in it. I have to admit that with cheese in it, it is much better. Now let’s talk about the dessert, the best part, right? I tried quite recently  the beignets a fried dough similar to a donut stuffed with Nutella. Now you might tell me that all this food is not healthy, and you are right, but I can tell you that life is meant to be enjoyed. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to relax and have a great dinner. This restaurant is quite affordable and the personal is well educated and very nice. If you happen to go there follow  my advice, and you will spend an unforgettable evening!