And the Votes are In

Every year CdM ASB hosts an election for positions in ASB. Each grade elects their own class president and each student can only vote for the class president in their grade. There are also people who run for ASB President, ASB Vice President, and ASB Secretary/Treasurer. Everyone in 8th through 11th grade can vote for these ASB cabinet positions.
For next year’s freshman class president, eighth graders Pierce Hemphill, Natalie Moorhead, and Lucas Newton ran. Freshman Teddy King, Troy Subota, and Macie Budde all ran to be the next sophomore class president. For junior class president, the only person who ran was Morgan Johnson. The juniors who ran for senior class president were Mick Hamilton, Johnny Lujan, and Caroline Spain.
For ASB Secretary/Treasurer, Solomon Sonenshine ran. For the Vice President, Tati Bruening and Caden Strauss ran against each other. As for ASB President, Alex Kermani and Sophia Newton both ran for the position.
They recorded their speeches on Wednesday during second period. The next day, Thursday, the speeches were released to the CdM student body during third period. Depending on what class the students were in they may have seen all of the speeches or only their grade levels. Friday, the results during Trident TV were released.
For freshman class president, Lucas Newton won. For sophomore class president, Troy Tsubota won. For senior class president, Mick Hamilton won.
Junior class president, Morgan Johnson automatically won because no one ran against him. Also, Solomon Sunshine won ASB Secretary/Treasurer of ASB because no one ran against him.
The Vice President winner for ASB isTati Bruening. Finally, what we have all been waiting for, the ASB president for the 2018-2019 year is Alex Kermani.
It was a tough contention and every candidate did an amazing job. Get ready to support the 2018-2019 ASB cabinet and ASB class presidents!