Learning Resource Center

This past week the Learning Resource Center(LRC) opened. It is a mix between a library and an open study area. Many students have already visited the new resource center. If the resource center you can check out books, reserve study rooms to study, learn about colleges with Mama Mary, and you can watch tv. Lastly, in the new resource center you can have a meetings in the big conference room. Freshman Tara Zadeh, “I like that it is a comfortable environment for students to study, read, or enjoy some leisure time.”
There are also study rooms that students are able to use. To rent out the rooms, students can use the tablets on the outside of the room to book the room. Once the room is reserved, there is a red light that will go off saying that the room in reserved. These rooms have a TV that students can hook up to their computers to display powerpoints or other things on the screen. Sophomore Sammy Pierotti says, “I love how the LRC has study rooms. I think that they will be a great, quiet place that I can focus on campus.” These rooms would be great for groups study sessions and they would be especially useful for finals.
Mama Mary has her own section in the LRC. She is incharge of teaching students about all of the different colleges, hopefully ending in a perfect fit for you. You can visit her before, after, and during school hours. She is always willing to help, so do not be afraid to ask her questions.
The LRC is worth checking out and spending some time in. Whether a student just wants some quiet time to study by themselves or with friends, the LRC is a great place to do that. The LRC is truly a great addition to our school!