2018-19 School Year Class Registration

Back to Article
Back to Article

2018-19 School Year Class Registration

Zoe Deralas, Journalist

The start of the second semester has occurred, and now that things are getting back into routine, the time to sign up for next year’s classes is coming up.
Counselors came into the junior’s history classes on Monday, and next week they will call up students individually to discuss and consider all classes that can be taken next year. For younger grades, they will be doing the same, but a tad bit later.
Interestingly, this is the first year at CdM that registration will be completed online. The CdM website provides helpful facts along with an informational video on how to complete the course request entry for the 2018-2019 school year. The process is connected with Aries, and every student’s login should be their student ID number for the username, and the password should be the one provided by CdM staff. It is the same login information as if one was logging into a computer here at school. On the school website, there are links provided to direct one to any page pertaining to class registration.
For next year, there are new classes being added to the course choice list, including ceramics and ROP Art of Animation. These classes fall into the category of Visual and Performing Arts. Students are required to take one year to obtain their visual and performing arts credit. It is great that students have the choice to choose from a wide variety of options to find something that interests them. There are a total of twenty-three classes that fall into this category as well, and each one offers useful knowledge, and helps students obtain a deeper appreciation and understanding of some form of “the arts”. There are also other new classes that are interesting and provide a great learning experience.
Now is the time to start thinking about what classes will be taken next year, because it is better to know ahead of time rather than deciding last minute. Getting the course request entries completed sooner can also ease off the worrying of if the class will be available.
As the time continues to fly by so quickly, the juniors will become seniors in the next school year and the seniors will be getting started on their bright futures. The younger students will be in a new grade as well and will be experiencing new opportunities. One should listen to themselves about what path they want to carve for their future, and thoroughly believe in their own choices.