• September 8BOTB Girls Volleyball @ Harbor 9/14

• September 8Back to School Night 9/28 at 6pm!

• September 8BOTB Tickets Go on Sale on 9/11!

CdM Boys Volleyball Takes on Northwood

Photo+by+Georgia+Jeter+
Photo by Georgia Jeter

Photo by Georgia Jeter

Photo by Georgia Jeter

Megan Fisk, Journalist

On Friday, April 28, boys volleyball had one of their last league games against Northwood. They played their hearts out and satisfied the audience with a good game to watch.

CdM started out strong the first set, giving Northwood a hard time. Junior Brandon Browning stole the show, getting kill after kill and keeping the Timberwolves at bay. Senior Jake Myers also showed Northwood what CdM is made of, getting many kills and blocks of his own. CdM was able to power through and finish the first set strong, the score 25-11.

The second set started off a little bit closer than the first one. The game was back and forth, one never too far behind the other. Junior Kevin Kobrine took away the breath of everyone watching with his incredible vertical and even more amazing swings. Senior John Holland proved he was not to be messed with, getting several kills on the left side. CdM battled to get ahead and took the win 25-22.

The third set started off rocky, with CdM behind by five points. Northwood was pushing back and CdM needed to come at them full force. CdM came out as hard as they could in the last set, pushing to catch up and surpass Northwood to claim the victory. Northwood challenged CdM but was not able to defeat them. CdM won the third set 25-22, winning the whole match 3-0.

As the game went on, the scores got closer, making everyone in the bleachers sit on the edge of their seats to see what was going to happen next. CdM will play their last league game on Tuesday, May 2 against Irvine. Come out and support the sea kings and the seniors who will be honored that night!