The History of Disneyland

Audrey Tumbarello, Journalist

Disneyland opened in Anaheim in 1955 by Walt Disney. Walt Disney came up with the idea of Disneyland after visiting many parks with his daughters. This lead to a 160- acre attraction park. It had two themes: Fairy tales and Disney characters. Millions of people visited the theme park to enjoy the friendly rides and also the food. There are treats of all sorts including: Mickey ice cream bars, pretzels, churros, and the famous Dole whip. The attraction park became a major success.
Since the opening it has gone under major renovations. It added the New Orleans Square, Bears Country, Mickey’s Toontown, and Disney’s California Adventure Park. The park is planning more renovations in the future.

In 2018, Disneyland re-did California Adventure and made a Pixar Pier. It included Toy Story characters, the Incredibles, Monster Inc. characters and many more. It has added new treats to the park, like new ice cream flavors and alien macaroons. Pixar Pier changed California Screamin’(a rollercoaster) to the Incredicoaster. The Mickey ferris wheel changed to the Pixar Pal-a-round-swinging. It had multiple changes, but a couple attractions stayed the same including Goofy’s Sky School. It has attracted millions of people around the world since it has been revamped.

Disneyland park will be making some changes in the future. Disney is making a new section is Disneyland park called: Star Wars: Galaxy Edge. There will revise part of the park in Project Stardust. The goal of Project Stardust is to ease traffic around the park. The Project will change the location of vending carts around the parking for more walking space. The park will gain more seating. Sleeping Beauty’s castle will receive a new roof and a few refurbishments. On Main Street, curbs are being enhanced with slow inclines to make it easier on guests to get around. Lastly, the street car track with the horses will be removed. It will all be happening soon, as in 2019-2020. The goal is hopefully to make it easier for guests to walk around and to attract new customers.

Disneyland is continuing to make changes, so they can get more money.