Fall Drinks

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fall Drinks

Angelina Jia, Journalist

Whether you say “Fall” or “Autumn”, the season is still known for its creative and delicious signature drinks. With so many perfect spices and foods for Fall from cinnamon to pumpkins, there is always a perfect taste for everyone.

Pumpkin Spice Latte: This classic Fall drink, made traditionally from milk, sugar, espresso, pumpkin pie spice/pumpkin puree, and vanilla. It is usually garnished with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice and makes for great photos and coziness. While most people feel pretty strong about whether or not they like this classic, those who love it, love its flavor and the spirit of the season that comes with it.

Hot Apple Cider: Having its amazing smell and great citrus taste, hot apple cider is perfect for any chilly day. It is usually made from cider, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and orange slices being heated together. Hot apple cider tastes great, and also has a few benefits to drinking it. It contains a good amount of potassium, antioxidants, flavonoids, and fiber.

Spiced Hot Chocolate: Hot chocolate is good in any season as long as there is something cozy to snuggle up in or its a late-night beverage. For Fall specifically, spiced hot chocolate does an amazing job of setting up for the season and getting ready for winter. It is created by adding vanilla sugar, sugar, cocoa powder(or chocolate pieces), cinnamon, nutmeg, chile powder, ginger, and cardamom. The garnish can get creative, but whipped cream, a cinnamon stick,  and cocoa powder always do a justice to the drink.

Pumpkin spice white hot chocolate: Non-traditional hot chocolate is a theme of Fall, so a second form of hot chocolate has made it onto the list. White chocolate has made its way to being one of the signature chocolates of the season and with people always trying to incorporate it into drinks, this tasty beverage was born. It usually contains heavy cream, milk, white chocolate chips, vanilla, and pumpkin spice. This is the perfect drink to pair with warm blankets and chilly Fall nights.