85 Degrees Bakery

Back to Article
Back to Article

85 Degrees Bakery

Ivy Hollander

Ivy Hollander

Ivy Hollander

Ivy Hollander, Journalist

Starting in 2008, 85 Degrees Bakery has been working hard to serve their customers delicious pastries and drinks. Mr. Cheng-Hsueh Wu, the founder of the company, visited a 5 star hotel cafe and realized that the prices were set way too high. He opened his first bakery in Irvine, California. It quickly became a very popular spot to go to.

When first walking in, someone will grab a tray and tongs to get their pastries. There are so many different options for someone to get. When they find what they want, they will grab the amount that they want. After, they will go in line to pay for it and order any of the cakes, bobas, coffee, tea, and other sweets.

They have so many popular desserts. One of their most common is the brioche, which is a Japanese style bread with a buttery and milky flavor. However, their top seller is the marble taro bread. It is a sweet bread made with their own taro filling. They have abundant amounts of unique desserts and beverages. Right when they open in the morning, all of the pastries are fresh and ready to serve. So, every morning the lines are out the door with people waiting to eat their delicious treats.

Freshman Katherine Wang says “My favorite thing at 85 Degrees Bakery are their egg tarts. They are a perfect balance between sweet and savory. They are so delicious.” Another customer favorite is the iced boba milk tea. It is a black tea with non dairy creamer and boba. All of their drinks come with wide straws so that people can get as much of the drink at one time.

After ten years of working hard, they now have over 1000 locations worldwide. The closest one to CdM is the store that is located in Irvine, California. 85 Degrees Bakery continues to grow and have more and more attraction.