Unity Week

Back to Article
Back to Article

Unity Week

Georgia Jeter and Audrey Tumbarello

For the first time in school history, HRC, AYS, ASB, EAT, and PAL, put on Unity week. The weeks mission was to have people work together to full fill a common goal. Each day of the week had a different theme and different leadership clubs paired up to make each day of the week possible.
Tuesday the 29th was giving back day. Throughout the week, there is a food drive going on and students could drop off canned food in the ASB room. This food went to the Second Harvest Food Bank.
Wednesday the 30th, was NHS and ASB’s leading by example day. At break students wrote notes to other students saying why they were a great leader. Many students joined in on the activity.
Zoe Deralas, a junior said, “I feel like it is important for fellow peers to unite with each other and bond in many different ways. It creates a very good school environment that is inclusive towards all.”
Thursday the 1st, was HRC and PAL’s inclusion day. At break in the quad they had a poster signing in which students could write nice comments or ideas to make our school more inclusive.
Friday the 2nd, grams were handed out during 2nd period by ASB. Also, all throughout the day stickers were handed out by ASB.
Brooklyn Hollander, the creator of the week and Unity and Community Club president, said, “My goal for this week was to encourage students to work together towards their goals. I think CDM continues to take more steps in the right direction towards being a more inclusive community.”
Overall, this week was successful because many students participated in the making of grams at break and the poster signing on Thursday. It made students on campus smile a lot and the mood of the week was very happy.