Holiday Rally

Brooklyn Hollander and Audrey Tumbarello

This year the theme of the annual Christmas rally is “Elf.” ASB students began to promote this rally with a movie in the quad on Wednesday night. They served hot chocolate and popcorn to students who were in attendance.

The rally kicked off with Madrigals. They sang a small part of “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” and “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.” ASB continued the rally with their infamous ASB dance, this year as elves in the toy room.

The show proceeded with Song dancing. They were all dressed up as candy and holding giant lollipops. Next drumline entered the room as NYC businessmen. While they performed, the person who played Elf got lost in them and then ran away.

The football and baseball team then came out dressed as snowflakes and did a silly dance, making everyone laugh. Sparkle came next. They were dressed as if they were in the mail room. After Sparkle did their cute dance, they threw letters out into the crowd.

Then the waterpolo and boys lacrosse team came out. They were dressed as taxi drivers. They did a silly dance, similar to football and baseball, and then walked off so cheer could come on stage to entertain the audience. Cheer came out dressed as tourists and they wowed the student body with their cool flips.

Next, Orchesis came out and slayed again. Their dance was upbeat making the crowd cheer loudly for them. They dressed like the Rockettes and looked exactly like them. Freshman and Orchesis member, Tasha Karam, says, “I had a fantastic time dancing in the holiday rally for the first time this year. It was really great and I’m looking forward for more holiday rally’s in the years to come!”

For the finale everyone came out on stage and did a dance all together. Mrs. Claus and Santa ended the rally with Middle School cheer replacing the football and baseball team in the final dance.

At the end of the rally, every grade cheered as loud as possible to make them stand out. ASB did an awesome job putting together this year’s Holiday Rally.