CdM Gets Pink

Maya Satchell and Riley Foster

On Friday October 6 on the Davidson Field, CdM played Beckman. It was a great game with a final score of 62-13. Four minutes into the first quarter, sophomore, John Humphreys scored the first touchdown which was then followed by a field goal. Later in the game, senior, JT Murphy ran all the way down the field. Senior, Tae Veon, as usual, majorly help the team to victory.

Kings Krew and ASB  stepped it up to show school spirit at the game.  As students walked in, ASB put glitter on their faces, and between that and the pink shirts, the crowd was a sea of pink. The football team ran through a large banner that added to the effect. They started off the game with blue smoke bombs that had blue dust in the sky for the rest of the game.Throughout the game ASB members were helping to rally up the crowd and hype everyone up. They chanted “I Believe that We Will Win”, “Defense”, and “ Let’s Go Seakings” every few minutes which really energized the crowd. Also, as the game went on ASB gave out handfuls of baby powder to throw up when we scored a point.

Cheer and Song gave an amazing performance, during halftime. You can watch their performance here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCF_Bjrar-g

Many students were very proud of the turnout. “Without Kings Krew and the help of ASB, I don’t think that as many people would have shown up. I think that our spirit really helped lead the boys to victory,” said sophomore Megan Fisk.

Adding to the fact that everyone was so spirited and that the football team was victorious, each member of the team asked a girl to wear a pink shirt to the game. This tradition made the students of CdM excited to come and watch our boys play.

Although it was a shutout by the football team, it was amazing to watch everyone and their school spirit come out to the game.