• October 11BOTB Boys Water Polo 10/13 at 5:30pm at NHHS

• October 6Homecoming Tickets on Sale Now!

A Blast to the Past

Tara Zadeh, Journalist

Corona del Mar’s homecoming dance is coming back bigger and better than ever. CdM associate student body (ASB) has decided to alter the typical homecoming with a more casual costume dress up dance. This year’s homecoming dance will take place on the evening of October 2 at the Newport Dunes.The unique theme, “Disco at the Dunes,” will arouse much attention and excitement from all those planning to to attend. Senior ASB member, Brooke Kenerson, said, “this year we are trying to make it where everyone can go all out. It will be costumes and a really fun dance that everyone wants to go to.” This dance will be anything but typical, as CdM strays away from the mundane.

This year’s homecoming will be comprised of a plethora of activities. Kenerson said, “outside of the dancing, there will be a photobooth, different vendors with food, and a lot of games.” The entirety of these aspects will make homecoming a very lively affair.

The primary influence to the coordinating of this year’s homecoming was the idea of trying something new. Kenerson explained, “We didn’t want to do another formal dance, so we thought to do a costume dance because we have never done that, and we are trying new things.” This theme was initially introduced and tried once before. Kenerson said, “This year at ASB camp, one of the themes for the night dance was disco, and our ASB had a ton of fun dressing up for that, so we decided to bring that back to CdM.” The pressure of dates and formal attire will be relieved, leaving all the anticipated elements behind, and making it an occasion that everyone wants to be present for.

Homecoming kings and queens will be selected from every grade level this year. However, the process of choosing individuals for these positions will be done differently from prior years, and ASB will soon announce how the the selection process will go about. With all the fundamental features of a high school dance and the intriguing disco addition, the 2017-2018 homecoming will be the quite the event to attend.