• October 11BOTB Boys Water Polo 10/13 at 5:30pm at NHHS

• October 6Homecoming Tickets on Sale Now!

Great Start to the Year : BOTB Rally

Riley Foster and Audrey Tumbarello

On Friday September 15th, the students were pumped for one of the most important football games of the year. Students filed into the big gym as ASB was playing their rally video on the two large screens, so everyone can see and hear. Each grade sat in their respective spots as they prepared for the performances that occurred shortly after. The rally opened with Tristan Neal (junior) and Lauren Griffin(senior), the rally leaders, bounding into the center of the gym, all eyes on them. Students began to cheer loudly to show their school spirit and excitement for the Battle of the Bay that night.

First, Cheer and Song came out with an incredible routine. According to the senior, Sarah Duarte, “After working the whole summer on the routine, with weeks of practice, it was really great to be able to perform this in front of our student body and then later at the game that night.” Cheer & Song managed to wow  people with the performance they put together including never before seen stunts and a fast paced song choice that excited everyone watching. Next was Sparkle who shined like usual in front of the whole student body by adding in new dance moves and music. Everyone cheered for them to show support. Tristan and Lauren, after a couple of minutes, calmed down the crowd in order to announce the next dance group.

CdM’s elite dance crew, Orchesis, moved out into the center of the gym. With everyone silent and focused, the dance group began. Throughout the routine many people in the stands shouted the girl’s names in which to cheer them. Hannah Shaw, a senior on Orchesis, said, “ We have been working on this routine all summer and we are super excited to show the school who we are this year.” They definitely succeeded on their accomplishment to let the school know of what they are made. Preceding that, the last act arrived. Drumline took center stage and did what they do best, create beats like no other. They impressed the audience with their synchronization once again. The sophomore, Landon Andrizzi, mentioned that drum line has put, “a lot of hard work and determination since day one.”

Just when the students did not think it could get any better the whole football team ran through a banner into the gym, held by the cheerleaders. Everyone roared with joy to show support for the athletic football team. The rally then came to an end and the students hurried off to class. Later that day, people at lunched talked about the rally and obviously really enjoyed it.