• September 8BOTB Girls Volleyball @ Harbor 9/14

• September 8Back to School Night 9/28 at 6pm!

• September 8BOTB Tickets Go on Sale on 9/11!

Yearbooks For Everyone!

Sam Parhamfar, Journalist

As school is entering its final week for freshman, sophomores, and juniors, and as seniors enjoy their last week together as a class, the yearbook team is working hard to ensure that everyone who paid for a yearbook gets one. That means that for every person who already ordered a yearbook and for every person who will purchase one at the ASB window, yearbook staff members have to stay out in the quad to hand the books out.

So far, they have delivered over 1,300 books to the students. But it does not stop there. The ASB window is allowing students to continue purchasing books for $125 throughout finals week.
To many students, the cost may seem steep. However, it cost over $120,000 to develop, print, and distribute the books.
“I understand why it costs so much because it is a very high end book. Good quality, nice glossy pages, thick, durable,” said Lisa Cordes, a junior.
On Monday morning, the senior class enjoyed a breakfast in the gym together as part of Senior’s week. Later, they picked up their books along with their tassels from the quad where the yearbook staff and advisor, Laura Holk, were distributing under a canopy by the big theatre.
Usually Yearbook is spearheaded by two senior editors, but this year was especially unique for the yearbook team as they were lead by two junior editors, Emily Freyman and Melanie Wolter. The theme for the book is “Around the Block” which yearbook chose to reflect this year’s bell schedule change to block schedule.
Though this year was especially tough for Holk as the returning members had to train all the new staff while they progressed to meet the deadlines, the yearbook team’s proactive planning is paying off. The distribution has been as flawless as possible.
For all students who have yet to receive their yearbooks, they will be available Tuesday through Thursday.