• September 8BOTB Girls Volleyball @ Harbor 9/14

• September 8Back to School Night 9/28 at 6pm!

• September 8BOTB Tickets Go on Sale on 9/11!

Speech and Debate Closing Out The Year

Maya Satchell, Journalist

On Tuesday June 13th, the CdM Speech and Debate team had their end of school banquet. The gathering was a great way to end the year with being fun, emotional, and very moving.

The banquet always starts out with awards given to most all-around students on the academic team. The awards include Woodrow Wilson award and many others. The award recipients were Eddie Jacobs and Zach Glabman. This year they introduced a new award called the Olivia Allchorn award. She was a devoted to speech and debate through her junior year before she passed. Olivia Allchorn was an memorable person who everyone aspired to be. As senior Muhun Kang said, “She was someone who everyone wanted to be like, with her positivity and care she showed to everyone Everyone junior year experiences many obstacles, but she always persevered and overcame them in a gracious way that many like myself could not.”

Her father presented the award to the recipient Kiersten Meuse with heart-warming words of his own, “Thank you for honoring my daughter with this award, she would be over the moon to know that this award is in her honor.”

After an emotional awards ceremony, it was time to announce next year’s board. The future president will be Zach Glabman with a Treasurer of Clare Galvin. Other board members will include Simone Oberreiter, Ethan Kharrazi, Jasper Ying, Eddie Jacobs, and Lex Nasser.

Everyone is excited for next year and is hoping that it will be as successful as this past year.