• October 11BOTB Boys Water Polo 10/13 at 5:30pm at NHHS

• October 6Homecoming Tickets on Sale Now!

New Cafe Bringing Back Old Traditions

Photo+Courtesy+of+Pinterest+
Photo Courtesy of Pinterest

Photo Courtesy of Pinterest

Photo Courtesy of Pinterest

Maya Satchell, Journalist

The cottage cafe in Laguna Beach was an old-time favorite. It was a desired tourist spot for whoever was driving down Pacific Coast Highway and wanted a nice place to eat brunch. The cottage cafe had been opened for 48 years before closing in 2010. Now the old cottage is being revived with the new Urth Caffe.

In 1989, the Urth Caffe was founded in Beverly Hills by a couple who wanted to start an all-natural, organic place to get really good coffee. From there it turned into a place to get amazing pastries, sandwiches, paninis, salads, and much more. Over the next thirty years they have expanded to have six branches including the latest one in Laguna Beach.

The Laguna branch, since opening in 2016, has brought much attraction to Laguna and the old cottage house. This new cafe has been popularized by featuring many artsy and trendy pictures for Instagram and Snapchat. From matcha green tea lattes, to their waffles or french toast, they can give someone’s feed a new aesthetic.

Behind the creative instagram posts is amazing food. Some of the favorites include their paninis, margarita pizzas, quiches, macaroni and cheese, and omelets. In addition, they have many amazing coffee and tea drinks including organic green tea boba, cafe latte, thai red tea.

Besides the historic impact and amazing food, no one can deny that the location of Urth could not be more perfect. Located in the beautiful Laguna beach and one block away from main beach and downtown it serves as a place to get more than good food, but also a great view.

“Going to the Urth Caffe is always a fun and new experience. From the food to the scenery, it is always so enjoyable and every time I leave I want to come back,” said freshman Emma Wang.

The Urth Caffe has restored the Cottage and added a new personality to Laguna. Go check it out on Pacific Coast Highway across from the Laguna Beach Art Museum.