Halloween Classics That Everyone Loves

+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Halloween Classics That Everyone Loves

Audrey Tumbarello, Journalist

As Halloween rapidly approaches, many spooky films come out in movie theaters all over the United States. I know personally, that not all people enjoy scary movies. Everybody has a different opinion in his or her movie selection, so that is why I have chosen three famous Halloween movies that I recommend you watch this October.

If you don’t enjoy movies that make you jump from your seat, but still want to feel the Halloween sprit, then you should watch the new Ghost Busters. Ghost Busters is about a ghost invasion of Manhattan, and how four people try to stop an otherworldly threat. Shockingly, this movie is PG-13. According to freshmanParis Ammari,“ This movie was very funny and is not scary at all. I would recommend this movie to kids ages 12 and up.” Paris’s favorite part of the movie was the end. With Melissa McCarthy starring in this amazing movie, the film will make you laugh incredibly hard.

The Disney classic, “ The Nightmare before Christmas” is a semi- spooky movie that will capture your attention right off the bat. This movie is about a man, Jack Skellington, who is bored of scaring his own people, so he accidentally stumbles upon a Christmas town. He plans to kidnap Santa Claus and then take over.” This movie is a PG rated movie.  “Personally, I thought this movie was scary, but I enjoyed it because it had a good story line,” stated freshman Molly Boyle.

Now, if you are looking for a movie to make you scream and have your heart pop out of your chest then “ The Conjuring” is the movie for you. This is an R rated horror film. This movie is about a family of five that just moved into a secluded farmhouse. As days pass by, events start happening in horrifying fashion. “ I would give this movie an 8 out of 10. It was so good. I liked it so much because it actually scared me and it was not fake. Also, it had a good story line,” said Boyle. This movie will make you have nightmares for nights.

I recommend that you watch all of these films this Halloween. There are no limits to how many movies you can watch. There are a lot of good Halloween movies, but these three movies are Halloween classics in which most everyone enjoys.