• June 7Summer Vocal Concert is June 9th-10th at 2pm and 7pm!

• June 7Start Studying For Finals!

• June 7Summer is only 2 weeks away!

Boys Baseball Dominates League

Megan Moore, Online Editor

The CdM boys baseball team had one of the strongest seasons yet by winning league. With a 20-7 record, it is obvious that the team this year worked tremendously hard. Although the season is over, the energy of the team is still apparent. Seniors of the team taste the bittersweet reality of their last season, but are proud of all they have accomplished. John Emme, also a psychology teacher at CdM, was head coach and worked to push his players to this success.

Senior Alex Shadid was grateful to spend his senior year with his teammates. “We had a great team this year and we all got along so well that the team felt like family to me. My best memory was when we clinched the league championship in our last game when I was pitching and the whole team dogpiled on me.”

Shadid has been a strong influencer on the success of the team, bouncing back from an early injury to pitch for the team. Along with Shadid, other senior pitchers included Neil Ontiveros and Dylan Heckle who both displayed discipline and strength throughout the season. Senior Matt Thompson was a consistent player throughout the season who utilized his leadership skills to help guide the team to success as a catcher. At the plate, seniors Connor Buchanan, Fritz Miller, Lucas Ciachurski, Garrett Schwab, and Jimmy Donnell were able to give the team solid hits and get on base. These seniors are satisfied with their season and are grateful that they were able to bond with their team so much.

Even though the season is over, the juniors are already looking forward to next year. This is the third year in a row that the team has lost first round in CIF, and the juniors are determined to end the curse. Chazz Martinez was one of the strongest players of the season by always giving the team solid leadership, hits, and pitches. JT Schwartz was a crucial infield player and guided the team throughout the season. Garin Friedman was considered one of the strongest hitters and his coaches could always rely on him to bring up the energy on the team. Preston Hartsell is the USC commit that always gave all of his effort during the games, even hitting a handful of home runs.

Tommy Wilcox is only a sophomore, but he was a huge influence on the team. He pitches with a calm and focused attitude and was always able to help his team. He has 2 more years to practice and work on his skills and his coaches are excited to see him grow.

Congrats to the boys on a great season!