• May 19Prom is June 3rd! Buy Your Tix Now!!

• May 17Boys Baseball CIF Game on Friday May 19th @ 3:30

• March 31One Recovery Meetings every Monday at 7pm!

One Last Hurrah

Megan Fisk, Journalist

The seniors of the boys volleyball program went out with a bang at their last league game of the season against Irvine on May 2nd. The nine seniors walked with their families down a row of their fellow volleyball players where they received a gift bag and a large cut out of their heads on a stick. As they walked, the announcer told the crowd of the players’ favorite memories, games, advice for the younger players in the program, and where they will be attending college next year. Families and friends gathered to take pictures and the whole crowd was smiling at these boys heading down the path to their futures.

The heart-warming senior ceremony led into a great start for the Sea Kings. Because it was senior night, the coach created a starting line-up that only consisted of seniors, some boys having to play positions they don’t normally play. For example, senior Clay Dickinson the six foot seven outside hitter started the game as the libero, a position normally played by one of the shortest guys on the team. Even though the line-up was a bit different tonight, the team came out strong with seniors Jake Meyer, John Holland, Mitch Haly, Jake Pearson, and August Jeffrey coming out swinging and getting several kills each. The combined efforts of the seniors paid off and they won the first set 25-14.

The second set started off a bit rocky with Irvine getting a 6-0 lead on us but we battled back. Dickinson returned to his normal position as an outside and senior Grant Shaw took his place as libero. The boys battled hard and were able to bring the score a little bit closer until they finally caught up with Irvine. After that, the game was back and forth, one team scoring after the other until CdM took charge and finished the game strong, winning 25-21.

Irvine came out strong the third set, making it a back and forth game from the start. The rallies got more intense as the game went on, the hits getting stronger, the digs getting more unbelievable by the minute. CdM took the lead and got close to finishing the game when Irvine went all out. They went on a serving streak that CdM couldn’t quite break. Finally, CdM won the ball back and finished the game quickly from there, winning 25-18.

This was these seniors last league game and it definitely was a good game. We can’t wait to see these boys heading off to these amazing schools and become successful in everything they do. We wish these seniors luck as they head towards their future and know that they will make the most of their upcoming CIF games!