• May 19Prom is June 3rd! Buy Your Tix Now!!

• May 17Boys Baseball CIF Game on Friday May 19th @ 3:30

• March 31One Recovery Meetings every Monday at 7pm!

BTS The Wings Tour in Anaheim

This past Saturday and Sunday, April 1 and 2, k-pop boy band BTS brought the Wings Tour: Live Trilogy Episode III to the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. With two sold-out shows and lines that stretched around the building, the impact that this boy band has in America is very clear. The first show sold out in four minutes, which resulted in event organizer, Powerhouse Live, adding another show on April 2, which sold out in only one minute. Fans lined up at as early as ten o’clock the previous day to obtain their general admission wristbands and purchase merchandise.

“So many people just to see BTS was really an honor. It feels dreamy these days,” leader Rap Monster said to the OC Register.

The support for BTS was overwhelming for all the concerts in the United States. In addition to five-hour lines to receive general admission wristbands, lines for the official merchandise and photo booths ranged from three to four hour waits. Official merchandise lines were cut off as soon as merchandise sold out within the first two hours. The fans began to line up at 5 PM for the concert that began at 8 PM.

For guests with the sound check opportunity, lines started as early as 1 PM. In soundcheck, 500 of the first lucky fans to purchase general admission tickets were able to see BTS come out and rehearse three of their hit songs. These songs included Spring Day from the ‘You Never Walk Alone’ album, Silver Spoon from ‘The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Pt. 2’ album, and Save Me from the ‘Young Forever Album’. Fans were also able to interact with the boys for a little as they rehearsed. Not only were fans shocked by the amount of cheering occurring before the concert, but BTS themselves were shocked. The great amount of support that BTS had been receiving in the United States, especially Anaheim, was not surprising to leader Rap Monster.

“BTS’ music sounds like it’s from America. We decide to always watch the trends and watch what’s going on over the world,” leader Rap Monster told the OC Register. The group continues to bridge the gap between Korean pop music and American music. From hip-hop, R&B, and pop inspired songs, BTS has already taken over the music industries around the world.

After soundcheck was over, fans lined up in order according to their wristband numbers to go into the venue for the actual concert. The moment you walked into the venue, the sounds of screaming girls caused your ears to ring. BTS’s fans, the A.R.M.Y., were already excited upon seeing and listening to their music videos on the screens.

A video showcasing each member of the group kicked off the show. It was an explanation for their concept, Boy Meets Evil, which was introduced in their latest album, ‘Wings.’ The venue erupted with loud screams and cheering as soon as the screen that BTS was standing behind fell down. Then, the show began with BTS’ opening song Not Today from their ‘You Never Walk Alone’ album.

The concert lasted for two-and-a half hours filled with laughing, screaming, cheering, and even crying. Not only were fans able to make long-lasting memories with BTS, but BTS was finally able to interact with their fans in California since their last concert in the US.

“In 2015, it was less than 2,000 people that we were performing for with our The Red Bullet: BTS Live Trilogy Episode II that we were performing for. Now, we are performing for over 16,000 people in a sold-out show,” said leader Rap Monster to fans at the concert.

In addition to fans feeling emotional, BTS felt the same way. A fan project, where fans in each section placed a certain colored bag over their lightsticks, was deemed successful. When you looked around the entire venue, you could see a rainbow that lit up the entire Honda Center.

“From Newark to Chicago to Los Angeles to Anaheim, a rainbow always comes after the rain. Together, we can shine like this rainbow,” said Rap Monster in thanks to the fans.

With their last show of the Wings Tour in the United States on April 2 in Anaheim, California, BTS left knowing that this tour had been extremely successful and memorable. More shows can be looked forward to for countries like Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, and Japan. BTS has provided fans around the world with an opportunity to enjoy their music.