• May 19Prom is June 3rd! Buy Your Tix Now!!

• May 17Boys Baseball CIF Game on Friday May 19th @ 3:30

• March 31One Recovery Meetings every Monday at 7pm!

CdM Sinks Harbor Again in BOTB

Megan Fisk, Journalist

Saturday, April 1st, boys volleyball played their best game yet with a large crowd to cheer them on. The stands are packed with students all standing to catch the next play and parents anxiously watching. CdM students wore all white and Newport Harbor students wore all black, each side yelling out cheers and making fun of the other side. Every time a point was scored, the fans would cheer like maniacs and nobody could take their eyes off the court.

The first set went back and forth the entire time, keeping everyone on their toes. Juniors Brandon Browning and Kevin Kobrine held their ground at the net, blocking and making some mind-blowing kills. The first set just didn’t want to end and neither team wanted to give up more than one point in a row. Finally, CdM came through with the win, the score 29-27, a score way over the usual amounts.

The second set went a bit faster than the second with CdM taking the lead early and keeping it throughout the game. Seniors Clay Dickinson and Jake Meyer helped lead the team with kills one right after the other, shutting down the other team. Newport Harbor came back a little but CdM won the second set 25-18.

The third set was a much closer set than the second. Newport Harbor lit a fire under themselves and got going, working hard to protect their title as number one in the county. CdM took the lead but had to work hard to protect it, Harbor slowing catching up. The last few points of the game were some of the most intense moments of the game. The anticipation in the air was palpable and everyone was anxious for someone to pull through and win. Finally, Meyers saw the set and took the opportunity, smashing the ball and claiming the win for CdM. The crowd was jumping and screaming with joy and the boys on the court couldn’t have looked happier.

The fresh-soph and JV teams also won their games, making it a victory for the whole program. The game had everyone on the edge of their seats and wanting to come watch again next year. The next home game is on April 20 against Beckman so come and support our boys!