• June 7Summer Vocal Concert is June 9th-10th at 2pm and 7pm!

• June 7Start Studying For Finals!

• June 7Summer is only 2 weeks away!

Early Morning Makeup Tips That Will Save The Day

Georgia Jeter, Journalist

Most days, rolling out of bed in the morning is not my favorite thing to do. I usually end up washing my face, brushing my teeth, and applying my makeup with my eyes practically closed. Let’s just say, it’s not the best way to start off my day. However, taking an extra five to ten minutes for your makeup in the morning, can really help boost your spirits and fix the outer zombie. Through an act of concentration, applying makeup can be therapeutic. Following these few simple methods will help to wake up your brain by increasing your attention to detail at 6:30 am, while also keeping your makeup looking fresh throughout the day.

Choose the right lighting: Lighting can be tricky. While most people prefer to apply their makeup in the bathroom, the preference should really be based off wherever the best lighting can be found. If your bedroom has better lighting than your bathroom, then by all means, grab a mirror and do your makeup in the bedroom. The desired lighting should be natural window light, so try to stay away from lamps and overhead lighting. By doing so, you can attain a more realistic idea of what your makeup looks like in a natural setting.

Look through 2 mirrors: Similar to most situations in life, having two different perspectives when applying your makeup, is another great way to achieve a flawless look. Place a small portable mirror in front of a bigger wall mirror to be precise with eyeliner, mascara, eyebrows, etc. Continuously check back and forth between the two mirrors to make sure your makeup looks “on point” from both distances.

Use chapstick as a quick fix: If I had to pick one technique to be my “makeup lifesaver,” this would be the one. Especially early in the morning, smearing mascara and winged eyeliner can be habitually draining, and will leave you reaching for the makeup remover bottle time and time again. While little mishaps are bound to happen, try reaching for chapstick as an alternative to makeup remover. Just rub the balm on the desired area, and then use your finger to remove the excess. Magic balm!

Good skin is the key to flawless looking makeup: Acne is common among most teenagers, and in some situations, is unavoidable. Even if you aren’t prone to acne, it is still important to develop a skincare routine. Ideally, try to cleanse and moisturize your face twice a day, using a sunscreen based lotion in the morning. NEVER leave your makeup on overnight, or while you sweat (sports, workout, etc.). When makeup and sweat mix, the outcome is almost never positive. If you have sports practice after school, bring makeup wipes to remove your makeup before practice. By focusing on having good skin, gorgeous looking makeup is soon to follow! Oh, and be sure to drink lots of water!

Even though five extra minutes in bed is time well spent (trust me, I know how you feel), so is the time you spend on following through with your makeup to achieve the best results possible. Start making these tips habits, and you are on your way to many good makeup days in the future!